Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Blog resurrection- my latest food obsession

I'm resurrecting this blog to share my latest obsession - goat cheese. I first tried goat cheese during French class in high school and really enjoyed it. I've eaten it on and off since but the past couple weeks I've really consumed a lot (all in moderation of course, I'm careful to measure out my 1ounce). My favorites right now are egg white and goat cheese omelette for breakfast and a salad for lunch. Today I added sautéed spinach for extra nutrition. I prefer it without the spinach, but hey, gotta get the greens in and it didn't taste bad. 

                 

For lunch I use a garlic and herb goat cheese which is fantastic (if you don't mind the goaty flavor). It's cheap at Aldi too. $1.99 for 4 ounces isn't bad. Anyway, I make a salad for lunch and the goat cheese, along with this yummy dressing I found at Sprouts make the salad. I usually chop up a cucumber and tomato but today I decided to use a leftover pork chop from last night. It was a delicious, healthy and filling- exactly what I needed. 

            

Oh and in case you're wondering about the dressing, it's this stuff:

                       
    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment