Sunday, August 10, 2014

Menu

It's been a long while since I've posted...time gets away from me. I've had so many fb friends comment on needing menu ideas so I'm trying to get back in the habit of posting. It's also a good reference for me too. I've decided I should post my menus the week after we eat them so I can give an honest opinion about the food I actually cook. 

Sunday: smoked chicken, mashed potatoes, veggie (I really don't remember which one I fixed)
**everyone should invest in a smoker - the meat is heavenly!

Monday: enchiladas

Tuesday: veggie calzones  inspired from this  link http://www.superhealthykids.com/blog-posts/freezer-pizza-bites.php

***i followed the pizza dough recipe link as well and had enough dough leftover for a small pizza. I froze the pizza on a paper plate with sauce and cheese and fixed it for the girls for dinner Thursday night. It was great. Definitely going to make more homemade frozen pizzas.


(my font changed size and I can't fix it on the iPad...annoying) 


Wednesday: Italian quinoa bake   http://brokeandbougie.blogspot.com/2013/08/italian-quinoa-bake-pasta-replacement.html

**this was really good! I like how you don't mix anything together so you can portion out how much of everything you want. 


Thursday: tomato basil chicken     http://menumusings.blogspot.com/2013/04/tomato-basil-chicken.html

**we also like this meal. I added a whole stick of butter for the sauce because I felt we needed more and well, more butter equals more deliciousness! 


Friday:  we at mcdonalds on our way home from hiking at the lake


Saturday: black bean soup.   http://oneshetwoshe.com/2012/01/black-bean-soup-10-minute-delicious-dinner.html

**this was delicious! It would have been better had we had avocado and tortilla chips to go with, but we were out. It made enough for 2 meals so we had it today for lunch as well. Make sure you drain the beans. I didn't because I failed to read the comments prior too. It didn't affect taste but the soup was pretty runny. 


No comments:

Post a Comment