Monday, October 7, 2013

Rich Chocolate Syrup

I had my first cup of hot chocolate of the season this morning and it was delicious! I've been making my own chocolate syrup, very similar to Hershey's without the high fructose corn syrup and preservatives. It is so easy and just takes a few minutes on the stove and is well worth the time and effort because it is that good. Or at least I think so. I've made chocolate milk and poured it over chocolate bread pudding and decided to try it out in hot chocolate. Just stir the chocolate into the milk and heat. 

1 1/2 c sugar 
3/4 c cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
Dash of salt
1 c water

Mix together then heat on stove stirring occasionally until it reaches a boil then simmer 1 min. Recipe makes a little more than 1 mason jar can hold.

Here's the original recipe link: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/03/homemade-chocolate-syrup.html#more


No comments:

Post a Comment